If your installation is stuck at 0% or you are receiving a download failed message, we have found this to usually be attributed to your firewall or security applications, which may be blocking your ability to connect to the WildStar servers. We recommend disabling your firewall first and seeing if this fixes the issue.
If you're still seeing the issue, make sure you're running the game as an Administrator on your computer. As part of the installation process, WildStar has to create a couple of directories on your computer to put all of the game files into. If you're not running as an Administrator, it is very possible that your computer security settings are not allowing the installer to create those directories or files.
If you're not sure how to run as administrator, or you want to make it easier to not have to click 'Run as Administrator' every time, try out these steps:
- Locate "WildStar.exe" and "right-click" selecting "Create Shortcut."
- Once created, move this shortcut to your desktop and rename it to "WildStar Admin"
- "Right-click" the new shortcut "WildStar Admin" and select "Properties."
- Click the "Compatibility Tab."
- Check-mark "run this program as an Administrator" at the bottom of this window, under the heading "Privilege Level."
- Click "Ok" to save your changes.
Once you've done that, just double-click on 'WildStar Admin' and you should be good to go!