We’ve seen some issues with higher end Laptop/PC cards that are geared more towards Direct X 10/11 experiencing crashing issues while attempting to play Wildstar.
If you are having this problem, you can force the game to use DirectX 9 by adding a command line to your shortcut.
To implement the command:
- Navigate to your Wildstar folder.
- Right-click on "Wildstar.exe" and select "Create Shortcut."
- Right-click on "Wildstar.exe - Shortcut" and select "Rename."
- Rename this file to "Wildstar Dx9"
- Right-click on "Wildstar Dx9" and select "Properties."
- Locate the "Target" line and add a space plus the following to the end " -dx9"
An example of what your Target line should look like is:
"C:\Program Files(x86)\NCSoft\Wildstar" –dx9
- Click OK to save your changes.
Open "Wildstar Dx9" to start the game with the new command and let us know if your issue persists.