WildStar Signing Off FAQ
It is with great sadness that we say farewell as WildStar signs off for good on November 28. We’ve just released an update that turns off purchases, and turns on in-game events and bonuses. For more detailed explanation, head over to offical page.
When will the WildStar servers shutdown?
- WildStar will continue to be accessible until November 28, 2018 -- with the exception of normal weekly maintenance periods and unplanned outages. The specific shutdown time November 28 will be communicated in advance as we get closer to the specific date.
Will I be able to play WildStar after the shutdown?
- WildStar is an online-only massively multiplayer game and a constant server connection is required to play since all character and game data is maintained by our hosted service. On November 28, 2018, the game servers will permanently go offline. There are currently no plans to create or support an offline version of WildStar.
Will the WildStar official forums remain available?
- The WildStar Official Forums will remain accessible until November 28, 2018, at which time they will be locked from creating new content. Access will be removed in its entirety shortly thereof, so feel free to back up any pieces of fan art, play guides, or other information you’d like to keep archived.
Can I get a refund on a purchase I made?
- We have published our WildStar Sunset Refund Policy. All purchases that met the specified criteria have been reimbursed automatically, as of September 26, 2018. Please keep in mind that depending on your payment method, it might take several days for the reversal to show up on your billing statement. If you utilized a payment method that cannot be refunded, contact NCSOFT Customer Support, requesting additional details required to facilitate your refund. If you have any additional questions, please contact Customer Support directly, as well.
When will I receive my eligible refund?
- The process for refunding qualifying purchases (Protobucks, C.R.E.D.D., Signature Membership, and Steam DLC) will begin on September 26, 2018 and should conclude within the next 7-14 days depending on your financial institution. In the meantime, you should also receive an automated email notifying you of specific transactions being reversed. As this process is automatic, there is no need to contact Customer Support unless you’ve used a non-refundable European payment method (see below for details)
How do I know if I got a refund on a purchase I made?
- Each purchase transaction that met the WildStar Sunset Refund Policy criteria and was reversed should have generated an automated email notification about the specific transaction. This should be the case for every real-money purchase. In the case of Ncoin reimbursements, please log into your NCSOFT account to check on your Ncoin balance. If you have any additional questions, please contact Customer Support
How can I get refund if I’ve used a non-refundable European payment method?
- If your purchase meets the WildStar Sunset Refund Policy criteria and you used one of the following payment methods, please contact Customer Support for assistance on your next steps:
- Osuuspankki & Aastopankki
What if I made a purchase via Steam?
- In the case of DLC and Protobuck top-ups, purchases made as of July 1, 2018 and later will be refunded in full via the method used. The charge reversal may take a few days to show up on your statement/account history. Protobuck balances older than this will be converted into Omnibits at a 1:1 ratio to give you a better value in the store.
What if I made a C.R.E.D.D. purchase?
- If your C.R.E.D.D. purchase was made on or after July 1, 2018, you will be reimbursed in full. The charge reversal may take a few days to show up on your statement/account history. If you have a CREDD that was purchased before July 1:
- If a C.R.E.D.D. on your account was redeemed into Signature Membership and you have remaining active time beyond September 26, you will receive a prorated sum of Ncoin based on the number of days remaining up to the full cost of the C.R.E.D.D. ($20 USD).
- If a CREDD on your account sits unused, and your account has been active within the last 90 days, you will receive a sum of Ncoin equal to the full cost of the C.R.E.D.D. ($20 USD) for every unit of C.R.E.D.D. you possess.
What about if I made a Protobucks purchase?
- If you made a Protobucks purchase on or after July 1, 2018, you will be reimbursed in full. The reversal may take a few days to show up on your statement/account history. Any purchases outside of this window are not eligible. However, as of September 26, all Protobuck balances have been converted into Omnibits at a 1:1 ratio in order to provide users with higher value and a better chance at obtaining highly desirable In-Game Store Offerings. (In addition, limited available and seasonal items have also been added to the standard catalog. See patch notes for details.)
I just received NCOIN -- where can I use it?
- NCOIN is a virtual currency for NCSOFT’s portfolio of online games. It works very similar to Protobucks, and can be used to redeem shop items from Blade & Soul, Aion, and Lineage II. Feel free to visit their community site, learn about the games, and make an introduction.
Who do I contact if I have a question regarding a refund?
- For questions regarding purchases made through Steam, please contact Steam’s Customer Service For questions regarding all other payment methods, please contact the NCSOFT Customer Support team– customized support will not be available through the forums or other channels outside of the Support Site directly.